Classic Pound Cake
Pound cake is a typically served in loaf or bundt form and is a heavy, dense cake. Best served with fresh fruits, whipped cream, honey, and yogurt.
Contributed by Kayla Thomas from EATINGELSEWHERE.COM
Published: July 5, 2017
- 256 grams all-purpose flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, very soft
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 325 and prepare a 9-inch loaf pan by buttering the sides and covering with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add softened butter and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until fully creamed, 5 -6 minutes. The mixture will first form coarse crumbs and may seem like it won't come together, but it will come together in a very thick batter by the end.
- Once thick batter stage is achieved, add on egg into batter and beat on medium for 20 seconds to combine. Repeat with remaining eggs. With the addition of the last egg, add the vanilla and beat.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and use the parchment paper as handles to remove the cake from the tin. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve with yogurt, fresh fruit, honey, and whipped cream.
Yield: 8 - 10 slicesPrep Time: 10 mins.
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour + 10 mins.